Some 40 light-years from Earth, a planet called TRAPPIST-1e offers a heart-stopping view: brilliant objects in a red sky, looming like larger and smaller versions of our own moon. But these are no moons. They are Earth-sized planets in a spectacular planetary system outside our own. These seven rocky worlds huddle around their small, dim, red star, like a family around a campfire. Any of them could harbor liquid water, but the planet shown here, fourth from the TRAPPIST-1 star, is in the habitable zone, the area around the star where liquid water is most likely to be detected. This system was revealed by the TRAnsiting Planets and PlanetesImals Small Telescope (TRAPPIST) and NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope. The planets are also excellent targets for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope. Take a planet-hopping excursion through the TRAPPIST-1 system.
About Visions of the Future by NASA -
Imagination is our window into the future. At NASA/JPL we strive to be bold in advancing the edge of possibility so that someday, with the help of new generations of innovators and explorers, these visions of the future can become a reality. As you look through these images of imaginative travel destinations, remember that you can be an architect of the future.
Trappist-1e Framed Print
- Print Size - 12" x 18"
- Print Type - Open Edition Giclée Print on 100% Pure Archival Paper
- Matting - 2" Digital White Conservation Grade
- Glazing - Clear
- Moulding - Black Minimal Metal
- Frame Size - 16" x 22"
- Every frame is appropriately packaged for domestic surface shipping.
- Every frame is custom made as per the specifications in our factory and orders cannot be refunded.
- If your item is damaged in shipping, kindly contact our support center. We promise to make things perfect!